The very inspiring Limebird Writers blog http://limebirduk.wordpress.com has nominated me for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award”! Thank you very much!
As part of my obligation as a nominee, I need to tell you seven things about myself…
1) I am descended from Alfred the Great via his daughter Aelfthryth.
2) I was once banned from schools sports for attempting to brain someone with a hockey stick (luckily he could run faster than me!).
3) I have supported Chelsea Football Club since 11th April 1970 (when they drew in the FA Cup Final against Leeds).
4) I was in the Boys Brigade, but they didn’t do enough fun stuff, so I switched to the Scouts.
5) After living in South Africa for nine years, I can now cook a mean potjiekos.
6) I can do a credible impersonation of Acker Bilk’s “Stranger on the Shore” using just my mouth, my nose and my two hands.
7) I once won an underwater beer-drinking competition.
Now to the blogs that I nominate; I have decided (as most of my writing is science fiction) to concentrate on science fiction related blogs this time. Go and check them out!